Queso dip is a favorite snack for a whole lot of people. It is a popular choice at winter gatherings. Whether you are making it for a Christmas, New Year’s or Super Bowl Party, this creamy Queso dip is sure to be well-received. Just make sure you have plenty of tortilla chips to go with it – I always seem to run out!
Here’s what you will need to make it:
1. Half pound of sausage
2. Half pound of ground beef (You can definitely use more or less meat in your Queso, whatever most appeals to you.)
3. 1 box 32 oz Velveeta
4. 1 16 oz Jar of your favorite salsa, my favorite to use in this recipe is Chi-Chi’s brand mild salsa.
5. 1/2 Package (4oz) of cream cheese (this helps to maintain the creamy consistency)
6. 2 Tablespoons sour cream
1. Spray the inside of your CrockPot with cooking spray.
2. Cut the Velveeta into cubes and put them in the CrockPot.
3. Add the sour cream, cream cheese and salsa into the CrockPot.
4. Place the lid on, and set CrockPot to the high setting.
5. Meanwhile, Cook up your sausage and ground beef in a skillet, then drain off any excess grease. Remove lid. Add the sausage and ground beef into the CrockPot. Stir. Replace lid.
6. It takes about an hour on high in your CrockPot for the ingredients to melt to the ideal creamy consistency. You will need to occasionally stir the dip as it melts inside the CrockPot. After about an hour, you can turn the heat down to the keep warm setting of it has one. You will still need to stir it occasionally.
7. Serve with your favorite Tortilla chips. The Scoops kind is a fun choice.
***You can choose to add a little more heat to your Queso by using a hot salsa and/or using spicy (hot) sausage.